Saturday 16 January 2010

Week 2

So we're just about to wrap up with week 2 and the assignment was to go out and quickly sketch people in various situations, capturing the pose. We've had a ton of snow recently...which as it turns out was great for me cos I was able to draw some guys playing Ice Hockey on a frozen lake. It was insanely hard to capture the pose even with a simple stick figure cos the action was thick and fast, so I had to turn to some photo's I took and use them as a reference. The next task was to take our most successful sketch and pose Stu like it in Maya. I've had a whole load of great feedback and suggestions from all the guys at AM, and I'm super chuffed with the result. So here it is...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Matt, thanks for stopping by. Congratulations to you on your first term at AM. I still remember my first day there like it was yesterday. If there is any piece of avice I can offer you is the KISS advice (Keep It Simple Stu). So, a hockey shot in action, as appealing as it is, is obviously hard. Add variety to your sketches, go to malls, children's parks, coffee shops etc.. Try not to go with the first idea that comes to your mind.

    Looks like you have an awesome mentor. All the best to you.

    Dhar

    ReplyDelete