Tuesday 22 September 2009

1 step forward...2, maybe 3 steps back!!!

Today started really well. Woke up, went downstairs, got some breakfast and what was waiting for me on the side...all the Autodesk goodies I've been waiting for. Maya, 3DS Max, Mudbox...loads of stuff! Happy days! Unfortunately my bank decided now was the best time to tell me that I need to reapply for my Career Development Loan cause I'm now starting AM in Jan 2010. Thing is, I gotta wait until October to do it, which'll give me 7 weeks to get everything sorted out in time to make payment to the lovely guys at AM. It took them 6 weeks last time just to send me some more forms to fill out!!! I feel like a bit of an ass cause I've had a good old rant on the 11SC forum. I'm just hoping someone can give me some advice. Or just wish me luck :) Gotta get myself organised and keep pushing things in the right direction. Keep my chin up. Maya workshop starts on Monday!!!! Whoop whoop!!! :) I'll be sure to post up some progress...

4 comments:

  1. at least u got ur goodies! the people I ordered it from had it out of stock for like a week, and should be getting them this week...

    but best of luck with everything!! i hope everything works out so I can see u on the campus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I can't believe you're still waiting for yours! Hope they come soon dude. You must be goin crazy!? :) Everyone at AM has been amazing and given me really great advice and help. If everything goes to plan I should still be able to start in January!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man - so the workshop already began? I'm signed up to begin Winter 2010 also .. haha.. I wanted to take the workshop. Maybe it's not too late? ;o Maybe I'll have to push AM til Summer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey rev. Thanks for dropping by. We're just going through orientation at the moment, so not much is happening. They're slowly introducing us to the campus. It'd be great if you could start this coming Winter too! How long have you been using Maya for?

    ReplyDelete